AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

2004 Dodge Caravan Sport with Dual Air control in the front.

Customer Question

2004 Dodge Caravan Sport with Dual Air control in the front. Have heat and A/C coming through main vents and automatic temp control seems to be working, but can't change air flow to the defroster or floor
Category: Dodge
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. The symptoms your having usually point to a failed mode door actuator. First check all fuses to make sure it's nothing as simple as a blown fuse. If you would like, I can provide the procedure to do this repair

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that would be great! Thanks.

No problem. Give me just a few minutes.

Here is a PDF of the procedure, and I have attached a picture of the actuator itself. The mode door actuator is the same part as the blend door actuators so make sure that you address the correct one. Item 2. Check to see if the wire has power using a test light before replacing it, but most likely you will find that it has power and the actuator is bad. Please let me know if you need anything else.

They sell for 18.00 on rockauto.com

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ecg0f3pur5hlo0/mda.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jpwgufvyhulrnh4/mda1.jpg?dl=0

Please be aware that any money you have paid is in a deposit account here on JustAnswer
and has not been paid to me. I do not get credit until you are ready to rate me at or above
3 stars. If you do not feel as though you are able to rate me at or above 3 stars,please let
me know and I will do everything I can to assist you until you are satisfied. Please do not
resort to leaving a negative rating. Follow ups are always free. Thank you for allowing me
to help you with your automotive concerns

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks...will have a look and let you know if I have any additional questions.

Sounds good. Refresh your page. I made the links clickable.