Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

2006 dodge 2500 diesel tact stopped working then the

Customer Question

2006 dodge 2500 diesel tact stopped working then the speedometer milage meter stopped working also.but it does regester how fast i'm going? Help.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I have seen this before, and it is the instrument cluster that has failed internally. Have the cluster assembly replaced. That will take care of your tachometer and odometer problem. It can't be anything else because the speedometer still works.

I hope this information helps,

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
replace the instrument cluster.ok,does that include all the gauges or just the tack and speedometer.Do ya think I can do that my self or is that high tect? I work on all kinds of cars cycles tractors ect.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can do that. It is the complete gauge assembly (tachometer, speedometer, gauges, etc.) I can send you the procedures today. It is not that hard.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Would you like the procedures for replacing the instrument cluster?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Chris