Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 09 dodge 6.7 diesel. Going down the road it will

Customer Question

I have a 09 dodge 6.7 diesel. Going down the road it will turn on the exh. brake for a 45 sec. I have had the ecm flashed , sets the code 2262 .any help? thanks richard
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello Richard and welcome to just answer. The problem is with the turbocharger actuator. It is most likely really sooted up and causing this problem. The turbocharger will most likely need to be replaced. However you may be able to clean the Turbocharger and save yourself some $$$. The dealer has this special turbo cleaning tool. Ask them to do the cleaning procedure. It may save the turbo. If not, then you will have no choice but to have the turbocharger replaced.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Note: The turbocharger may still be under warranty. I can check that if you will send me the VIN number, mileage and the last name of the owner.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Chris