Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 06 dodge 1500 with a 5.7 hemi going up a ll 20%

Customer Question

I have a 06 dodge 1500 with a 5.7 hemi going up a hill 20% grade Lil hard the check engine light came on .what do I check , oil was a quart low but still on
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

There are 2 ways to diagnose this. You can diagnose by symptom which takes more time, diag, and often replacing parts not needed or you can get it scanned to see which codes are stored then do the diag for that code and do the repair the test indicates is needed. Either method works for me. If you do not have the ability to get it scanned. Can you give me the symptoms if any before during and after the CEL coming on.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.