camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

I have a. Dodge neon 2005 sxt. I am having fuses over and

Customer Question

I have a. Dodge neon 2005 sxt. I am having fuses blown over and over for my tail lights n dash board. Does this have to do with my cam shaft sensor?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

My name is ***** ***** I am a licenced diagnostic technician with over 20 years experience.

I will do my best to help you with your automotive problem. Please remember, I cannot see, hear or feel your vehicle which can make diagnosing very complicated and some vehicle require extensive diagnotics that require certain diagnostics computers that can not be done over a computer or phone.Please be patient as I am not online 24 hours a day, as I do work, but I do check my page every day.A positive rating is always appreciated for my time and knowledge to help you with your problem.

The camshaft sensor is not on the same circuit as the tail lights.

The dash lights and tail lights do share the same circuit.

There is a short somewhere in the system, and it will have to be manually found unfortunatley. I wish i had a simple answer for you but it is going to require some hands on circuit chasing. I will do my best to help you through it and find it.

I have included the wiring diagram for this circuit, please print it off as it will help you find the short to ground.

I would start at the trunk, follow the wiring from the tail light sockets all through the harness and see if it rubbing on any metal (keep the parking lights on while you are doing any testing so if you manage to hit the right spot the fuse will blow and you know you are in the right area). If all is good in the trunk, check under the floor panels close to the door, pull on harnesses and wires while watching to see if the lights go out. You will also need to check the door jam harnesses as the light up the power switches for power windows and doors.

this will require a bit of time and patience but it is a pretty simple circuit, Its just a matter of finding where that one wire has worn through and rubbing on the ground.

IT is possibe in the cluster itself, but very rarely for this. banging on the top of the dashboard can simulate this and eliminate the cluster.

IF you need any help at all through this i will do my best to guide you.

I appreciate any positive rating and i am always available for follow up questions!

good luck!

cam