Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

My 04 ram radio, remote locks, and noe interior lights are

Customer Question

My 04 ram radio, remote locks, and noe interior lights are not working...replaced fuses 21, 22&51
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! Did you still need help? Can I start by getting your VIN?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1d7hu18044s656519
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked at fuses the wiring
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All that is fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put a new battery in the truck
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Please accept my offer and call me now

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already put the deposit down and pay pals
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Phone calls are extra

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Request it from PayPal
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

It's only an extra $10

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Or we can continue on this page

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's try this first if it doesn't work I'll pay you the rest
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok, lets start by double checking the VIN. It comes back as invalid

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1d7hu18d34s656519
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1D7HU18D34S656519
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the VIN. Lets try this. Disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and then reconnect. See if there is any improvement

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already done that and replace the battery
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Check the Ignition Off Draw (IOD) fuse in the Integrated Power Module (IPM). The IOD fuse is fuse 51 in the plastic holder. Replace the fuse if blown or missing. Sometimes the plastic holders need to be removed for the fuse to keep good contact in the IPM. Check the power through the IPM. Fuse 51 feeds the Pink wire in connector C1 pin 9 at the bottom of the IPM.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

If the IOD fuse is good, then this problem will either be a bad instrument cluster or a bad TIPM. We have even seen wiring issues going to the TIPM but that would be last resport. I would also check to see if the instrument cluster is communicating with your scanner. If not, chances are the cluster is bad and will need to be replaced. It might even be covered/fixed under recall.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I am glad I can help! Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "EXCELLENT SERVICE" for assisting you today. It has been a pleasure working with you. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
51 fuse is good replaced it with a new
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Excellent! Then I would suspect a bad cluster or TIPM.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a tipm
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

That is the integrated power distribution module located under the hood. It supplies power to all components no the vehicle.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You should see the rating system towards the bottom of the page

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Thanks and have a great day!!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rating is not satisfaction it sucks
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I understand. What can I do to assist you better?

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I wil be happy to answer any questions that you have.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I cannot help you if you dont let me know what you need assistance with. If there is something you dont understand, please let me know so I can clear it up for you.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

If you dont have any further questions, then I must have answered all of your questions.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Keep in mind, it's not my fault your vehicle is broke. I am just trying to help you get it fixed. Caphice?

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I think you might be talking this personal. Your getting upset with me because your vehicle is broke. I understand your frustration and I would be too if I were in your shoes. However, but yourself in my situation. I have done nothing wrong but try and help you remedy this issue your have with your vehicle.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I think you might be taking this personal. Your getting upset with me because your vehicle is broke. I understand your frustration and I would be too if I were in your shoes. However, but yourself in my situation. I have done nothing wrong but try and help you remedy this issue your have with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything you do. I've already taken care of and looked at I'm not upset because my truck is broke
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

So the instrument cluster was replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No cluster was not replaced everything works in the cluster except the radio and power locks power locks only work when the truck is running they will not unlock when the truck is not running
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

So your saying that you dont beleive me? Is that it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not saying I don't believe you but how can it be the cluster when everything else works
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

The instrument cluster controls the power locks.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Something things can work on the cluster while other things do not. This is very possible. As a matter of fact, this is very common on this vehicle.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

As far as the radio goes, as long as the fuses are good and radio has power, then it is going to be a communication issue. Chances are one of the modules on board the vehicle are bad or not communicating causing this issue. YES, it could be the cluster, radio of the TIPM like I already mentioned.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you dont want to beleive me. Is that true?

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

If not, what seems to be the issue?

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I am just curious because you said my rating "sucks"

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I would like to politely remind you that I am the expert here. You came here for help. And that is exactly what I am doing.. and now your getting upset with me

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

What do you have to say? Anything?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm looking to see if there's any bad wires and cut wires could it be that also
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

It is possible. If anything, the power door lock wiring would be an issue at the door jambs. However, if this were the case, it would only affect just one side.. unless of course both went bad at the same time on both side. However, what are the chances of that? Very slim. However, you can always take a look just to be sure.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I suspect it is going to be a module issue. Was the instrument cluster checked for codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I put it on a diagnostics machine and no codes came up where would the model be
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

What type of scanner did you use?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey snap-on at my body shop
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I suspect that you checked the codes in the PCM. Not the instrument cluster. There is more to checking other modules on the vehicle. Chances are it was just plugged into and checked for codes. I bet they did not check to see if there was communication with the instrument cluster.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I will tell you why. Because the cluster controls the power locks. If the power locks are not working, it would set codes in the cluster related to the power locks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the cluster controls power locks and radio
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

The cluster controls the power locks. YES, I indicated this earlier. The cluster can short out and pull the radio down or off line preventing it from working.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The radio has no power right behind the radio in to the wire harness
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

And the radio fuses are good?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all fuses are good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Took the radio out and look at the power wires no power
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Do the radio fuses have power on them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is power from the fuse down pulled the fuse box out and looked at it plugged everything back in still no power beyond the fuse box
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then you have an open or a break in the wiring from the fuse to the radio. You can track the problem down and fix the wiring or simply just run a new wire

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Easier said than done
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hey, please remmember, I am just here to help you.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Your right about that. But I cannot do it for you as I am not there.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I am just pointing you in the right direction

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

And I think I have done a pretty good job.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance or have any further questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok, sounds good! I am glad I have answered all of your questions. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my asnwer as "Exellent Service" for assisting you today. It has been a pleasure working with you. Have a great day!!

Regards

Amedee