Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I am having to replace the turbocharger on a 2007 5.9 the

Customer Question

I am having to replace the turbocharger on a 2007 5.9 the turbo charger the parts store supplied does not have a sensor hook up but they insist it will work . Will it?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

need the vin of the truck and part number and brand of turbo you have,please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3d7-ml48c27g-709068 it had a holset on it an they have supplied a cf power direct fit Cummings Ian 5.9l 24v he351cw
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

the turbo you have is for 2006 and back, 07 is the only year with a turbo speed sensor and is it's own entity, there seems to be a lot of confusion on the replacement aftermarket turbo's for the 07 5.9, the aftermarket suppliers all supply the same turbo for all 24 valve 5.9 engines so if there is no plug or hole for the speed sensor I would be on the phone with the tech support asking them what they do to either bypass or install the turbine speed sensor

Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

don't forget 5.9 was a half year run in 07 and then replaced with the 6.7 so it is not uncommon to see aftermarket suppliers not know this since the emissions laws changed for all diesel engines in 07