Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

My sister has a 1993 Dodge Grand caravan. She t a divider.

Customer Question

my sister has a 1993 Dodge Grand caravan. She hit a divider. The van then would not go into to park on the gear selector. It also would not engage in any gear, The gear levers on top of the transmission looked bent to me so I changed that whole mechanism. It went into park on the dash but thats all. Looking at the lower streering column the plasitic hub that fits in the mounting bracket where the shifting rod goes into, that also keeps it all centered, was no longer doing that.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Did she dent the transmission oil pan at all?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I dont see any damage
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if you remove the cable from the lever on the transmission, can you shift through all of the gears and will it drive?

(be careful checking this, have someone in the car with their foot on the brake).

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since I put the steering column and ignition switch, it wont start and no blinkers or backup lights.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, that is a wiring or fuse issue, and you will need to trace your steps and inspect the harness on the steering column, and fuses. Then once you get it started, try that lever test I mentioned, and if it will not go into gear manually, then your sister did internal damage to the transaxle.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Let me know how it goes, and I will help you out if needed.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! PLEASE, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Chris