Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have 2011 dodge challenger sxt. I changed my basic part

Customer Question

I have 2011 dodge challenger sxt. I changed my basic part number p05091195AC mygig RBZ model and when I went to reconnect the negative wire the security alarm kept going off.. I tried putting the key in the ignition.. I even tried replacing the of radio but the alarm keeps going off every Timeffort I reconnect the negative battery wire.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm trying to change my old stick radio to a new radio called RBZ. The alarm keeps on going off ever time I reconnect the negative battery wires
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the battery reconnected but the alarm goes when I start the car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The new radio works fine and didn't even need a anti theft code but the alarm come on and off
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

If the alarm is sounding, what happens when you press the unlock on the remote? Will it start up and run?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car starts up and still the alarm won't go away
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there an alarm fuse I can just pull out?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

have you tried hitting the panic button on the remote? If that or hitting the unlock will not disarm it then reply back with the last 8 digits of your VIN so I can see what your Challenger is equipped with..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DH673179
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's only happening when I open the door and start the car.. but it only stays on for about 1 minute and turns off
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

To Disarm The System

The Vehicle Security Alarm can be disarmed using any of the following methods:

• Press the UNLOCK button on the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter.

• Grasp the Passive Entry Unlock Door Handle (if equipped, refer to "Keyless Enter-N-Go™" in "Things To Know Before Starting Your Vehicle" for further information).

• For vehicles equipped with Keyless Enter-N-Go™, press the Keyless Enter-N-Go™ Start/Stop button (requires at least one valid Key Fob in the vehicle).

• For vehicles not equipped with Keyless Enter-N-Go™, insert a valid key into the ignition switch and turn the key to the ON position.

NOTE:

The driver’s door key cylinder and the trunk button on the RKE transmitter cannot arm or disarm the Vehicle Security Alarm.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery again for 5 min to discharge all the modules, then reconnect and see what happens? DO you see a red security light on in the dash?

• The Vehicle Security Alarm remains armed during trunk entry. Pressing the trunk button will not disarm the Vehicle Security Alarm. If someone enters the vehicle through the trunk and opens any door the alarm will sound.

• When the Vehicle Security Alarm is armed, the interior power door lock switches will not unlock the doors.

• The Vehicle Security Alarm is designed to protect your vehicle; however, you can create conditions where the system will give you a false alarm. If one of the previously described arming sequences has occurred, the Vehicle Security Alarm will arm regardless of whether you are in the vehicle or not. If you remain in the vehicle and open a door, the alarm will sound. If this occurs, disarm the Vehicle Security Alarm.

• If the Vehicle Security Alarm is armed and the battery becomes disconnected, the Vehicle Security Alarm will remain armed when the battery is reconnected; the exterior lights will flash, the horn will sound. If this occurs, disarm the Vehicle Security Alarm.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I want to mention that the alarm is only coming from the dash .. and the lights are not flashing like it would do on panic alarm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried unplugging the battery. I tried everything but it keeps going off when I enter and start the car
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Since this started after you replaced the radio, have you tried disconnecting the radio to see if it still arms? The remote should disarm the system when you unlock the doors as well as starting the vehicle with a valid remote should disarm it...

Do you see a security light on in the dash? Do you have another key to try?