Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I drove my 2014 Dodge charger through a puddle of water less

Customer Question

I drove my 2014 Dodge charger through a puddle of water less than curb deep. Is it possible that the car would stall? Then after 2-hours really start? If so what would be some reasons behind this?
Or if I drove it through curb deep water, and it cuts off, does that mean it will not start back up at all until a mechanic check it out and fix the problem
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. The most common cause would be a bad camshaft position sensor or crankshaft position sensor. Another possible cause would be a bad TIPM module located under the hood.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible the car can stall and. Then restart after it has sat awhile?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

YES, it is possible those sensors or components will start working again once they dry off.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I am glad I can help! Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. It has been a pleasure working with you.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You should see the rating system towards the bottom of the page

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is their anyway you can email me this response?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You get an email each time I respond. I can email this to you but you would need to accept an additional offer from me which would be more money. Or you can just copy this conversation, post it in an email and send it to yourself.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Eithern way is ok with me. I just ask that you rate my service for assisting you today. Thank you!

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see if you have any further questions or need any further assistance? If so, I will be happy to help! Please let me know!