Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My horn comes on reason, whin I depress the brake it stops

Customer Question

My horn comes on for no reason, whin I depress the brake it stops but release the brake the horn sounds. this is an intermitant problem - how do I fix this problem?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.

From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the FCM itself.This is the Front Control Module.The horn pad sends the horn signal to the FCM and the brake light switch sends its signal to the FCM to turn on the horns and the brake lights when needed.Since the horns will stop intermittently when the brake is applied this sounds like the FCM has an internal electrical fault in it needing replaced.The FCM can be a common component to fail and cause electrical issues like this here.

The only other cause I see that may cause this here is if there is shorted wiring leading from the steering column to the FCM itself.The wiring needs checked over and if found to be o.k. I suspect the FCM needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.