Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

ENG LITE is on along with red lighting bolt only thing I

Customer Question

ENG LITE is on along with red lighting bolt only thing I found that wasn't working correct was the heat only when RPM was advanced did the heat work.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.

The heat issue you see here is usually either caused by a restriction in the heater core with the restriction needing cleared out or low engine coolant level.Check the coolant level and see if it is low.If found low the coolant system needs pressure tested to locate the leak and the leak repaired and coolant topped off.A low coolant level may cause a low level code to set turning on the check engine light or a coolant temp code causing the check engine light to come on with the lightning bolt you see.

If the coolant level is o.k. then I would have the heater core flushed and back flushed.This is usually done by removing the heater hoses that connect to it and taking something like a garden hose to flush one end of the heater core to the other end of the heater core flushing back and forth then reconnecting the heater core hoses.

If it is plugged this won't cause a check engine light or the lightning bolt light.In this case you would need to have the fault codes checked using a scan tool compatible with your model here to see what codes are set.Once this is done the codes can then be diagnosed and repaired.Placed like Auto Zone are known to check codes free of charge.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks the coolant was low added and fixed the light problem
I will now look for a leak
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very helpful
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else.I have offered the service requested.

Thanks Pete