Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My viper has done this periodically and I've had to had my

Customer Question

My viper has done this periodically and I've had to had my car towed. Can you please tell me how I can fix this problem without having it towed for them to reset the viper. My car will turn over but will not start. It's like the keychain is disabled. Please help. This isn't the first time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

On some models this can be the key itself that isn't recognized and causes this issue here.I have seen key failure before with having to replace the key.If this is o.k. this can be the immobilizer that senses the key signal,this is usually most common and can cause an intermittent fault as well with it needing replaced.If you have not had the fault codes checked in all computers to see what codes are set this needs done.Any codes set in any of the computers will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.If there are any codes set post the code info here if you can.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.