Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

Just had Code P0841 come up on my 2004 Dodge Dakota. What

Customer Question

Just had Code P0841 come up on my 2004 Dodge Dakota. What should I do?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

P0841 is a transmission fault code. It is usually a bad sign on the dakota and means that the transmission will likely need to be replaced. The first thing to do is to check the fluid level and make sure that low fluid isn't causing the code. This transmission is checked with the vehicle idling in neutral (with the parking brake set).

Check the fluid level first, if it's not low and it smells burnt or looks dark in color, it is probably time to start shopping for a new transmission.

Here is the diagnostic sheet directly from Dodge:

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Also, if the fluid level is OK, remove the transmission pan and inspect the filter O-ring for damage. Make sure the filter is not loose. If this happens the transmission pump will be allowed to suck in air and the transmission will not operate correctly and will set the p0841 code.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Please don't forget to rate. They don't pay us if we don't get a positive rating.