Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Im having issues with my 2005 magnum's electrical

Customer Question

im having issues with my 2005 magnum's electrical
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I get the code number stored in the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Amedee,
The codes that show up are :
P0563
U0184
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Thank you! ***** get your VIN?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2d4fv48t45h567061
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. One minute while I gather this info

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

P0563 Battery Voltage High

Possible Causes

Generator connector is damaged (check pins for damage, and for moisture)
Generator field control circuit is shorted to voltage
Generator has failed
Generator has failed
PCM has failed

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

U0184–LOST COMMUNICATION WITH RADIO (ATC)

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
  • Set Condition:

If the A/C Heater Control looses communication with the Radio.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You might want to start and check the battery voltage with the engine running to be sure that the alternator is not overcharging.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

The charging system needs to be checked first before diagnosing any module or communication issue

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

This could be an issue with the TIPM under the hood or even a bad radio. Any module on board the vehicle that is shorting out can affect other modules on board the vehicle. But check the charging system first and even disconnect the battery for a bit to see if that helps. Clear the codes and see which code comes back first.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

A few things I want to add. Sometimes the ignition switch can go bad causing voltage issues on the vehicle so be sure to check that and be sure to get all of the modules on board the vehicle checked and updated as needed. Sometimes a simply upgrade or flash will fix this sort of issue.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I am glad I can help! Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "excellent service" for assisting you today. It has been a pleasure working with you. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things turned out and if you need further assistance. Please let me know.

Amedee

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the charging system. All is normal. U said update the modules? What is that
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry for the delay. Modules are computers. Just like updating windows on your home computer, the computers/modules need to be updated to the latest software program available.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

capiche?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you told me that but you didn't tell me how
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

This is done at the dealership with the factory scan tool. A small independant shop might also be able to do this if they have the right equitment

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see if you have any further questions or need any further assistance? If so, I will be happy to help! Please let me know!