-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

This is victor my 2007 dodge truck 3500 6.7 cummins ac not

Customer Question

Hi brad this is victor my 2007 dodge truck 3500 6.7 cummins ac not working Ac Cluth is kicking on and off five times then stays off I try to check power to it with the light tester in ground and does the same Cluth goes on and off five times then stays
off I bypass the Cluth to check freon and is good on freon at 1500rpm my low side is at 32 psi is there a relay or a module that controls the ac Cluth ?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

The issue we see frequently on your model is the compressor clutch drawing too many amps which sets a P1274 code in the TIPM(FuseBox). You need to have the codes read in the TIPM to see if you have the P1274 and if so replace the compressor as the clutch is not serviced seperately. I have attached the wiring diagram to help..

Glad I could help

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I check the codes at the tipm ? or fuse box
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

You will need a scantool like the WiTech I use at the dealership. A cheap code reader will only retrieve OBDII info..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the solus pro from snap on and the otc do u know if that will read ?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay..

You will need a scantool like the Witech I use at the dealership to retrieve the codes from the TIPM.. Those cheap code readers will only retrieve OBDII information...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will take it to the dealer to get diagnosis ok one more question is this is an one time fee for this service or is monthly ? Or I will be charge for every time I get in contac with u guys
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Glad I could help.. And I would appreciate a positive rating so I'm compensated for my time...

Also you will need to click the contact us to speak with someone from Customer Service to ask about if your on a subscription...

Have a good one,

Brad