Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Just passed Smog, 33,400 miles, 1 owner Mechanic says my

Customer Question

Just passed Smog, 33,400 miles, 1 owner Mechanic says my trouble code is 456
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Is it code P0456? There is no code 456. If so, that code means that the PCM ( engine computer ) has detected a leak in the evaporative emissions system. Could be a crack in a hose or even a loose or defective gas cap. Ask your mechanic to perform a leak test on the evaporative system and to test the cap. If no leaks are found, then have him/her replace the leak detection pump.

I hope that this information is helpful and please let me know if you need further assistance.

Chris

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris