Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a no start, no communication and no gauges. 05 dodge

Customer Question

Hi Richard, I have a no start, no communication and no gauges. 05 dodge 3500 Diesel. I have tested connections at C2 and found #20,30 &40 have 12v. Terminal 32 is also good but my grounds #21,49&50 are all shorted to 12v +. Any idea's?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

Are you 100% sure that pins 21-49-50 are shorted to voltage? I have attached the wiring diagram as well as the location of G114 which is where they connect to.. Let me know what you find..

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 100% sure they are showing battery voltage of 12v +
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Have you disassembled the wiring harness to see if they are shorted inside the loom? Are you removing the connector from the ECM or back probing? If back probing then check the ground, if checking with it disconnected then check the wiring loom..

Keep me posted,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am checking with it disconnected and back probing. I will open the loom and check it all. I'm wondering if the tipm could be shorted internally
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

The ground comes from G114 and not the TIPM... Ohm from G114 to C2 pin 21-49-50 and see if it shows OL or .001..