sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2000 Dodge Intrepid 2.7. I have MTC and have

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Dodge Intrepid 2.7. I have MTC and have recently lost the ability to get heat into the cabin. I ran a diagnostic and received the code AC 23 Indicating that there was a problem with the blend door actuator. Before replacing it I also attempted pulling the IOD fuse to attempt a reset, that failed to work. I have also went through the work of completely replacing the Blend door actuator and am still facing the same issue. No heat and still receiving the same code, AC 23. Unsure of what to do at this point.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

First lets test it.

1. Connect a volt meter to the Red/White wire at the actuator on the bottom of the Heat Vent Air Conditioning (HVAC) housing.

2. With the key off, remove the Ignition Off Draw (IOD) fuse (fuse 19 in the inside fuse box). It can be identified by the fact that it sticks out farther than the others in the bottom row.

3. Reinstall the fuse and start the vehicle, while monitoring the voltage on the Red/White wire. It should cycle from below 1 volt to over 4 volts.

4. If it does not, turn the key off and remove the fuse again. Connect the voltmeter between the Dark Blue/Red wire and the Brown/White wire. Reinstall the fuse and start the vehicle. The voltage should cycle from + 8-10 volts to - 8-10 volts.

Let me know what you get.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My apologies, are you referring to the harness that plugs into the bottom of the actuator?

Yes I am referring to the connector that plugs into the actuator.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've attached a pic. I am not seeing a red/white wire.

I saw your pic but I cant tell if thats in the trunk or floorboard or where it is in the car.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the harness that attaches to the actuator.

Where is the actuator located?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Behind/under front dash just behind the stereo.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a pic of the actual actuator near the HVAC, the position of the camera is where the paneling with the stereo, climate control knobs usually are

Apparently my diagrams are not correct on this vehicle for some reason. I will opt out and see if another expert has accurate diagrams.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I believe the actuator you replaced was the mode door, the blend door actuator isn't in the area you described. The blend door actuator is on the bottom of the heater box and almost touching the floorboard. You may have a broken door, wiring issue, it could be the body controller itself, but the most likely cause for this would be the actuator itself. I would recommend removing the blend door actuator and seeing if the door moves by hand and ensure it isn't broken. If ok then you can either do the electrical testing mentioned previously, or replace the actuator.