Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

How do I unactivate my factory alarm?

Customer Question

How do I unactivate my factory alarm?
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car used to act strange by locking the doors on and off while driving but now its gotten to the point where the car alarm is tripping by the actions of the doors opening. I don't know what to do because of the fact that its factory, its somewhat integrated with the cars electronics. Could it be the the ECU is going? and if so, can I still remove the car alarm?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately the alarm can not be by-passed if its a factory alarm system and in order to determine what is failing with it you are going to need to start first with having the system scanned and see what the fault code and or codes are that are setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to get this resolved.