Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I am new to the forum so I hope I have posted in the right

Customer Question

I am new to the forum so I hope I have posted in the right area. I am needing some assistance with my 1967 dodge coronet 440 318. I have replaced the alternator, ignition coil, voltage regulator, carb, PCV, spark plugs, points, cap, rotor, battery, cables etc. It was running great for about two weeks. Then it started to almost stall on acceleration, idled fine. Then it got worse, and almost stalled when stopping and intermittently when accelerating. Now it does this all the time and will stall constantly. I put engine to TDC and everything is pointing the number one position correctly. Voltage at ignition coil is 12.5. Carb jets work well, choke is behaving correctly. Even replaced the ballast resistor. Same thing. Timing is +10 with advance off and carb capped. Intermittently it will pur well and then stall after running very poorly first. It is a remanufactured carb so maybe it is failing? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

hi,does this start well and idle well now but just stalls all the time ?

what kind of carb did you put on >

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did start and idle well at first. it is a reman carter.
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

it is possible that dirt got into the carb .

can you see fuel running /dribbling inside the carb .if you look down into the carb at idle ?