Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2006 dodge dakota 4.7. Truck doesn't start, doesn't turn

Customer Question

2006 dodge dakota 4.7. Truck doesn't start, doesn't turn over, doesn't even click when I turn the key. Lights, dash lights, horn, wipers, fan all work. vehicle in park foot on brake.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! Are there any anti theft or security lights on or flashing on the dash when trying to start the engine? Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

As long as the PCM is awake and working like it should with the key on and all of the fuses are good, chances are you just have a bad starter motor. Of course, you are going to want to verify this before replacing the starter. You can use a test light or a voltmeter to check for power at the starter with the key in the crank position.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I am glad I can help! Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. It has been a pleasure working with you! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what fuses should be checked? Never had a hint of trouble with starter.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

The 30 amp fuse number 39 and the 10 amp fuse number 37

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Here is a wiring diagram

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps! Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Of course please let me know if you have any further questions as I will be happy to help

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any further questions?

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

If not, please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit. Thanks and have a great weekend!!

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You should see the rating system towards the bottom of the page.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things turned out and if you need further assistance. Please let me know.

Amedee

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see if you have any further questions or need any further assistance? If so, I will be happy to help! Please let me know!