Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I need to find out how to remove the power distribution

Customer Question

I need to find out how to remove the power distribution center on a 2004 dodge stratus. I have one headlight duller than the other.....I have replaced everything but the PDC
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan

Save Article

REMOVAL The Power Distribution Center (PDC) is serviced as a unit with the headlamp/dash wire harness. If any internal circuit of the PDC or the PDC housing is faulty or damaged, the entire PDC and headlamp/ dash wire harness unit must be replaced.

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.

2. Remove the Air Inlet System (housing and resonator).

3. Disconnect each of the wire harness connectors.

4. Remove the fasteners that secure each of the wire harness ground eyelets to the vehicle body and chassis components.

5. Disengage each of the retainers that secure the engine compartment wire harness to the vehicle body and chassis components.

6. Remove the nut retaining the PDC to its mounting bracket.

7. Remove the PDC and the wire harness from the engine compartment as a unit.

INSTALLATION

1. Position the PDC in the engine compartment.

2. Align the PDC mounting slots with the blades on the PDC mounting bracket.

3. Install the mounting nut onto the PDC.

4. Route the wire harness from the PDC through the engine compartment, engaging each of the harness retainers to the mounting provisions in the vehicle body and chassis components.

5. Install and tighten the fasteners that secure each of the engine compartment wire harness ground eyelets to the vehicle body and chassis components.

6. Reconnect each of the wire harness connectors.

7. Connect the battery negative cable.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Eric sorry for the delay on rating you. I haven't had time to get to that job yet. Thank you for your help. I am going to a junk yard tomorrow to attempt this. I will contact you if I need further assistance. Thank you so much
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, sounds good

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay on your payment....I have a 3 vehicles breaking down.....I did get the harness and PDC box removed.....My main question is, how do you remove the harness from the brake booster? It is pinched in there, I have tried to lift it with a crow bar and other tools
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

It has been awhile since I have worked on one of these saturns, so I dont recall off hand how it is attached. Can you take a photo and use the paperclip icon on your reply box to upload it so I can take a look and refresh my memory