Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2006 2500 dodge 2500 fuel rail pressure issue .truck came in

Customer Question

2006 2500 dodge 2500 fuel rail pressure issue .truck came in customer complains that when he cuts it off won't start back up unless u crack the drain valve on fuel filter housing.customer in formed me he had a bad Algie problem at one time .check codes had code for air sensor code.the sensor by the air cleaner.replaced it code gone.check for good fuel flow gust under 300. In g10 seconds should be 580.fogot to say it has orig.fuel filter and a frame mounted both new.pulled tank lot of black Algie sock stopped up recommend new pump customer agreed .clean tank put in new pump module .now truck runs for approx 5 to 8 mins.rail pressure starts falling from 5000.at idle down to 1900.truck dies wait little while starts back up just.to do again.no rail pressure codes.i say injector pump
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mrchippeway replied 1 year ago.

yes I wouldn't be surprised that it would be a bad pump, before ruling that out have you checked the fuel return from the head? if this system was to have a bad leak then it wouldn't be able to build the pressure it needs! I would check the return line at the back of the head there should be next to nothing returning. give that a look and if there is internal leaks then id have to also assume the pump is no good.