Shane Bassetti
Shane Bassetti, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician
77403833

My battery was disconnected now the truck will not reset

Customer Question

my battery was disconnected for recall now the truck will not reset monitor for the partic exhaust filter
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Shane Bassetti replied 1 year ago.

Hi I hope I can assist you today. So was the DPF replaced while the recall was being performed? I know Dodge had a recall involving the temperature sensor with those. If your having issue with the reading after they did the Recall, bring it back and have them double check their work. Dont settle for any problems that a dealership has caused you after a Recall. If the particulate filter was replaced I would bring it back to Dodge because the end of their procedure is to:

1. Connect both negative battery cables.
  2. Using a scan tool, perform RESET REGENERATIVE FILTER TIMERS function found under ENGINE MISC. FUNCTIONS.

If the filter was replaced after the fact, you can try to manually reset it :

This bulletin is to aid you on resetting the Perform Service indicator you will find on a Dodge 6.7L with the EVIC displaying this message.

1. PERFORM SERVICE INDICATOR- RESET the “Perform Service” message will display on the EVIC each time you turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position to indicate emission maintenance is required. To reset the “Perform Service” indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance) refer to the following procedure: 1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine). 2. Press and release the brake pedal two times. 3. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly two times within 10 seconds. 4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position. NOTE: if the indicator message illumination when you start the vehicle, the “Perform Service” indicator did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.

Let me know if you have any other questions.