Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Passenger side battery venting and boiling over!

Customer Question

Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I have seen this before at the dealer I work at. The problem is in the connection between the two batteries. You have high resistance in that large positive battery cable that connects the batteries together. Clean and tighten the cable end clamps. Clean and tighten all ground onnections in the engine compartment. If you still have the same problem, then replace that positive cable that connects the batteries. I am 99 % sure that this will fix it.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

I hope that this information is helpful and please let me know if you need further assistance.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

I will be happy to explain this in a more technical detail as to why the cable connection will cause this boiling issue if you wish and can call you in the morning.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Chris