AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

On a 2006 Dodge Charger 2.7 will the secondary timing chain

Customer Question

On a 2006 Dodge Charger 2.7 will the secondary timing chain March lineup after rotating the engine by hand several times
Category: Dodge
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Are you referring to the colored links on the timing chain lining back up with the marks on the cam gears and crank gear after getting them set and rotating the engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cam on the secondary chain want to make sure they cam on the secondary chain want to make sure they line backup
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to the colored link

Are you unsure of your original installation? If you had the marks right in the first place, then you have nothing to worry about. As far as to answer your question, it would be a lot of turns before the links match back up. I don't know how many but it would definitely be much much faster and easier to bring cyl 1 back up to TDC, and remove the chain and reinstall it if you are unsure.

Is that what you were wondering?

It's not like doing a timing belt with no markings on the belt and relying on eyeball to line up marks on a gear to a mark on a cylinder head. In those cases you would turn the engine over twice and re check your marks to make sure your timing is still on.

please let me know if that answers your question. Hopefully it does.

If this answers your question, please remember to rate my service so I may receive credit. It is greatly
appreciated. If you have any other questions regarding this issue you can contact me right here at no charge
even after rating. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your automotive concerns.