Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I recently changed my trans fluid and filter because of some

Customer Question

I recently changed my trans fluid and filter because of some odd behavior that you thought could be from a clogged filter. The pan had some metal bits in it and the magnet was covered with fine shavings. I cleaned all that out and put the new filter and
fluid in. All seemed fine until I started noticing some odd sort of buzzing noise when the trans shifted up from low gear and occasionally the next shift too. It doesn't sound or feel like the trans itself but maybe the solenoid. I never heard this before
the fluid change.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fluid I used claimed to meet the specs for my vehicle. Is it possible the new fluid could be the problem?
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.

I dont think the fluid is the problem. However i can not say for sure what the buzzing type noise is though...thats just to hard to diagnose online and you should probably have a transmission shop take it for a drive so they can hear it. They shouldnt charge much at all just to drive it and then you will have a much better idea of the possibilities. I hope you understand.

LJ