AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

Just changed all my rotors, calipers,and pads. tried

Customer Question

just changed all my rotors, calipers,and pads. tried bleeding brakes several times but still no brakes.Forgot to tell you it is a2004 dodge dakota 4x4 ,4-wheel discs. Should we have pre-filled calipers? Should we bleed with truck running or not?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

You should not bleed the brakes with the truck running. It is also not necessary to fill the calipers before installation. One thing to make sure of before we continue, and something that I have seen more than once, please check to make sure that the bleeder valves on your calipers are toward the top of the caliper and NOT the bottom. I have seen it many times where the calipers are reversed.. meaning right caliper on the left side and left caliper on the right side. when that happens the bleeder will be on the bottom and the air will be trapped inside and can't get out. If your bleeders are toward the top, then that is not the problem.

Make sure while bleeding that you constantly top off the master cylinder reservoir. the last thing you want to do is run it out of fluid and suck air back into the hydraulic system. Then you will have to start over again. I will provide you with the procedure. One minute.

Please let me know if this worked for you or if you require something else. Thanks.