tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owned repair shop for 25yrs
14541291

01 ram 2500 5.9l gas motor. keep getting p1391 code crank or

Customer Question

01 ram 2500 5.9l gas motor. keep getting p1391 code for intermittent crank or cam.pulled crank sensor and saw that it was hitting the fly wheel bc the rust built up on the block behind it. so I got a new sensor and cleaned as much rust away as possible. also cleaned off the whole tone plate with sandpaper. truck has new battery, plugs, wires, distributor, cap, and rotor. also has new cam sensor. new intake gaskets. I have greats fuel pressure and plenty of spark from the coil. I have the fuel sync asclose to 0 aS possible. I can not read which cylinders are mis firing bc the crank sensor problem.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

the truck does start and run now?right?

please explain the question

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the truck will idle and run. runs a little rough. I can rev it up and it will idle back down fine. I need to fix this code but I don't know whats causing it. and im assuming the problem is the same reason it runs a little rough. in the trouble shooting part of my scanner it says some stuff about the pcm using crank signals to detect misfires and when I go into the misfire section, it shows 0 misfires on any cylinder, when I knoew its missing bc I can feel it. also it has a new pcm

sorry,i have been off line,,is this the only code you get?

it still gives this code with the new ceank sensor,,right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

ok,,i would think that your problem is the wiring to the crank sensor or cam sensor,,it would seem you are getting intermediate connecting

stand by,i will give you some tests/checks for this code

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehz53w5vmvs6s5v/1021-dodge-P1391.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/ehz53w5vmvs6s5v/1021-dodge-P1391.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help