Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2004 Dakota 4.7L V8... I want to remove the passenger side

Customer Question

2004 Dakota 4.7L V8... I want to remove the passenger side camshaft to access the #8 exhaust valve spring. How do I capture the tension on the timing chain to avoid having to pull everything off the engine to reset the tensioner?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

I do not have access to your email address,

.

Position Special Tool 8350 timing chain wedge between the timing chain strands. Tap the tool to securely wedge the timing chain against the tensioner arm and guide (Fig. 35)

.

I can get the instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for a little bit more.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

So that's it?