camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

I have an 08 ram Laramie and have no bass coming from my

Customer Question

I have an 08 ram Laramie and have no bass coming from my speakers. Just changed the head unit with a used one from a salvage yard, and same outcome.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

My name is ***** ***** I am a licenced diagnostic technician with over 20 years experience.

I will do my best to help you with your automotive problem. Please remember, I cannot see, hear or feel your vehicle which can make diagnosing very complicated and some vehicle require extensive diagnotics that require certain diagnostics computers that can not be done over a computer or phone.Please be patient as I am not online 24 hours a day, as I do work, but I do check my page every day.A positive rating is always appreciated for my time and knowledge to help you with your problem.

I have not seen this issue personaly, but i did locate a factory TSB about a distorted speaker sound issue.

IT recommends you replace all of the speakers. So im thinking that its possible that 1 speaker can fail and take out the rest.

ITs alot of work to pull every speaker and disconnect them and try plugging them in 1 at a time. (depending how many you have).

I can send you a copy of it, and I can also send you a wiring diagram to the radio circuit if it helps.

let me know

cam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sending me that would be helpful. Does it have the size of the speakers on it?

here are the articles i found,

IF the steer unit has been replaced, than you either have a wiring issue (please check the radio circuit and make sure all grounds and powers are connected properly) or this speaker issue.

Like i said in first post, I cant hear the speakers, So i hope this info helps you in the right direction.

Thanks for any posiitive rating! and let me know what you find

cam