Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I recently had my front tires replaced on my Dodge Grand

Customer Question

Hi I recently had my front tires replaced on my Dodge Grand Caravan 2012 I bought three months ago. Today I had my brakes and rotors done. This seems like a lot for not owning it long. To add to it today the ecs light now stays on and I can't get my van out of park when I turn it on? Any ideas?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The light that is on now is an indicator that a fault has been detected with the electronic stability control.The first thing to check here is to see if you have brake lights.If you have no brake lights this may be a brake light switch at fault that may not be sending a signal to turn on the lights and allow the vehicle to be taken out of park.I have seen this switch fail several times before needing replaced.

If the lights do work the next step here is to have the fault codes checked/read out with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair the cause of the light you see.There are multiple sensors and components that will turn on this light so having the codes checked is the first thing that needs done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.