Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

2009 Challenger RT w 14k miles, garaged in winter, recently

Customer Question

2009 Challenger RT w 14k miles, garaged in winter, recently hard starting. Now turns over continuously without firing. Brought extra battery w cables in case low charge but no dice. Have disconnected to reset computer but no dice. Can smell fuel so don't think fuel delivery. Other ideas?
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has Predator 93 octane CAI tune. Never ever had a problem with it (installed in 2009) but wanted to mention.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark, injector pulse proper fuel pressure and good compression, If you are sure you have proper fuel pressure and good spark and you are smelling fuel then remove the spark plugs and see if they are fuel fouled. If so, dry them and see if the engine will not start. Its possible its just fuel fouled from setting . Make sure you have good spark to the spark plugs first. Check these thing and post back with he results and we can work from there if need be.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I needed an urgent response as I was stranded in a local restaurant parking lot which is why I escalated. Had it towed to stealership.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Sorry we could not get to your sooner, hopefully you can get this resolved now . Thank you just the same and best to you as well.