Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 with 5.2 motor codes po455 po442 and

Customer Question

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 with 5.2 motor codes po455 po442 and p1683 what r most common problems and where should I start to fix
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

The most common causes for the P0455 and P0442 are cracked/leaking vacuum or evaporative system rubber hoses, purge solenoid and possibly the control valve near the Charcoal Canister (NVLD or Leak Detection Pump).

The P1683 is a cruise control fault. Is your cruise control operating normally? If not let me know and I'll give you some ideas on this.

As for the P0455 and P0442, I recommend to start by looking at all rubber vacuum/evaporative system hoses from the engine, to the vapor canister and all the way to the fuel tank. Look at the fuel cap, If it is an aftermarket locking cap, Replace it with a factory one, we have a lot of problems with the aftermarket ones... If you find any problems with any of the hoses, such as small cracks or splits, replace any affected hoses and clear the codes. If your scanner can run the EVAP leak test, run it to see if it passes. If you get a pass, the light should remain out...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

This is an automated response that was scheduled when I posted my answer. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks!", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark "http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-Robertr/?r=SprinterRob&bt=0" My Profile Page "" (Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it.

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.

My goal is to answer your question to your complete satisfaction, and would like to earn your business now and in the future.

Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Robert