Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

2000 dodge cummins idles fine drives good until you start to

Customer Question

2000 dodge cummins idles fine drives good until you start to throttle it up its starts missing and shaking violently
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Sounds like a fuel delivery problem.How long has it been since the fuel filter was replaced?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a week ago I changed filters. I have 2 filters on the truck one is a raycor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a fass pass fuel pump on the system and can hear it running. What should the fuel pressure be ? Going to check it today and the injector fuel pump is 1 year old.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok then it may be a lift pump or tank venting issue. Ry running it with the fuel cap off. If it still acts up, you probably have a weak failing lift pump and if so replace it. Pressure from the pump should be around 12 psi, and volume should be at least 20 ounces in 10 minutes. If it falls below those specs, replace the lift pump.

I hope that this information is helpful and please let me know if you need further assistance.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10-4 thanks
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Chris