Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Not showing ground at the black/tan wire at the alt when

Customer Question

not showing ground at the black/tan wire at the alt when engine is running. shows ground wen eng is off if I ground this wire with a power probe test lite alt starts to charge
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

The black and tan wire at the alternator is the ground for the alternator. It sounds like there is a bad connection at the G103 ground connector.

.

Let me know if you need any further instructions on it, thanks

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****