Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2010 dodge 3500 6.7. when i turn my key my

Customer Question

Customer: i have a 2010 dodge 3500 6.7. when i turn my key my programmer will not talk with computer and it will not start up
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it is showing service trailer brake system on dash borad
i aslo tried to plug a scaner computer into it to read codes and it wouldn't talk with the ecm either
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yeah
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** will do my best to help you on this concern.

What is the make and model of the Programmer?

What is the make and model of the scanner?

How did this problem happen? Was the vehicle running and stalled out and no start? Did it just not start one day?

Have you tested BOTH batteries? (Load Test) A load test is the BEST way to test the batteries...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert