cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

Are you a real person, or am I wasting my time. :-)

Customer Question

Richard, are you a real person, or am I wasting my time. :-)
Category: Dodge
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

hello my name is ***** ***** will be helping you today can you give me a little more info on your problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get the info that I sent on the codes? Delayed 1st gear movement from a stop. Then once going I have to manually shift to second. Then when I shift back to drive it just revs up.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

ok i am seeing your codes give me a couple of minutes i will be right back with you

Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

have you tried replacing the transmission speed sensor it can cause all the codes you are getting

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't taken it to the dealership. But when talking to their tech(after the parts guy told me to replace the solenoid pack and transducer, which $800 later obviously didn't fix it) from just hearing me tell him the codes he went right to saying $2000 and he'll have 3rd and 4th gear bandings fixed by overhaul. I have not replaced them. I believe there are 2 output speed sensors on the drivers side tranny right? And an input speed sensor on the rear differential?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

bad speed sensors will cause the codes you are getting and as they are 17 dollars a peace i would recommend replacing the two on the transmission before having the gears redone and for 2000 dollars you can put a new transmission in and yes the sensors are on the driverside of the tranny

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dealership ones were $60 a Piece, could I get by with cheap autozone ones? And why wouldn't they have told me that a bad speed sensor will throw those exact codes? If replacing those do not work, what would you reccomend next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tech made it seem like I was out of options and the speed sensors would be a waste of money.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

they are 17.99 at autozone and the dealer ship is going to go with what the codes are not what will set them off i have a 99 durango i had the same problem with it it turned out it was the speed sensors if that dose not solve the problem then the gears may need to be redone but i would but a new trans in it instead of having the gears redone for 2000 dollars but it is up to you