rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I'm looking to purchase a used Sprinter van and would I some

Customer Question

I'm looking to purchase a used Sprinter van and would I some opinions from a veteran in regards ***** ***** reliability of the vehicle. I have found that there are alot of bad things in regards ***** ***** reliability but would like to hear from the experts. One of the draw to this type of van is obviously the height clearance inside but if its a dud and will consistently have to spend money on repairs I'll pass.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

I know of three people that own them and use them for business, none of them would buy another one due to breakdown. I never owned one, but see them in the shop a lot. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dam Ron you just killed any hopes of me getting a Sprinter:). I appreciate your candor. Would you happen to know what are the failing points of the sprinter?

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, but I'm sure you wanted honesty. Shifting issues was the MN win problem. I can Sent you the TSB's that are on it tomorrow if you like.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

I will load you up with the tsb.s tomorrow, in the meantime just Google spinner transmission problems and see what you get.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Here's what I have, and it does depend on the years. this set is for 2006 and under.

Please don't forget to rate me too:)

Thanks again, Ron