Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I'm having 2 issues with my 1997 Dodge Caravan 2.4L, reason

Customer Question

I'm having 2 issues with my 1997 Dodge Caravan 2.4L, For no reason at all it starts running rough and even when its not running rough it stalls when I am at a stoplight. The other thing is my brakes, brakes work fine above 5MPH but when I'm going slow around a parking lot for example they're very hard. I had a mechanic buddy of change the booster and still does the same thing. Everything else with the vehicle runs great, so I don't really want to get rid of it. Thanks for your help
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. At any time during this conversation, please feel free to request a phone call as I will be able to speak with you on the phone.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Let me start by asking a few questions. Is the check engine light on? Are there any codes in the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No check engine light on. I don't have a computer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok was any work done to the vehicle recently? How long has this stalling condition been happening?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No work was done. Its been stalling for about a month. How about my brakes?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information. The most common cause for this stalling condition is going to be a bad cam or crank sensor, air or vacuum leak or even a bad/lazy idle air control motor. As far as the brakes go, I would suspect either bad calipers, bad/binding brake hoses or loose wheel bearings binding affecting the brake pedal when turning.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I am glad I can help! Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "excellent service" for assisting you today. It has been a pleasure working with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is way too vague of an answer if I go auto parts store they can put it on a computer and I could send you the codes
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

YES, that will work. I will be more than happy to give you more specifics. However, you will need to ask more specific questions.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

YES, please get me the codes and I will be able to get you more detail

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?