bill
bill, dodge master tech
Experience:  25 years with dodge drivability and electrical expert
5203640

I have a 1994 Dodge Caravan that after being driven will die

Customer Question

I have a 1994 Dodge Caravan that after being driven will die when you come to Ideal at light or stop sign. It happens after it runs for 1-3 hours, runs fine if less then an hour. If you sit and let it cool down it will run fine for another 1-3 hours. I
have tried changing out resistors to fix this issue. I mainly use it in town so do not run it long periods of time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, what engine do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6 cylindar 3.0 liter
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

thanks, ***** ***** this happens, does it start right back up, or at least pretty fast?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the car has to sit for 30 minutes to an hour cooling down before it will start again. I continues to crank but will not start almost like the fuel pump is not pumping gas maybe.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

I see that information in your post, Sorry did not read it correct, Humm, I am unsure with several different possibles, I had one thought but that is not it so.. I am going to opt out and open the post to the other experts, One should be along soon to continue helping you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

have you pulled fault codes?

NOT much went wrong with the 3.0 engine at all except the fuel pumps would give up (not uncommon at all especially on a 21 year old van)

if there are no codes then when she dies on you spray some carb cleaner in the throttle body and see if it fires if it does the fuel pump is where I would point my finger first