Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

2006 Dodge Magnum

Customer Question

2006 Dodge Magnum
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Are you able to determine what area the clunk is coming from , can you feel it in the seat and or the floor board? Has the computer system been scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting? Posy back when you can and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there was 2 fault codes one was a error in cylinder 1 and a pcr valve I think it was some valve in the exhaust system I am pretty sure someone said. I do not feel it in the floor board its almost like you here the clunk and the car pulls forward. Best was I could put it is if someone was to give you a tow with a rope and some slack got in the line and when it caught back up you get that jerk. Not extreme mind you this is a light bump put very noticeable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correction it was a misfire in cylinder 1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was a egr valve
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

This type of clunk is not likely the crankshaft and from your description it sure sound like either the transmission or the rear end.