Dodgerench
Dodgerench, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30+ years Dodge/Chrysler exp., ASE Master with L1 certification. Driveability/ combustion specialist
4486286

2000 dodge 1500 engine starts cold runs good 30 min then

Customer Question

2000 dodge 1500 engine starts cold runs good 30 min then dies starts back up in 15 min and runs good again for about 20 to 30 min thin quits again
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dodgerench replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer!. This is Ed.

Quick question... OK, questions.

Does the engine shut off suddenly, as if the key was turned off?

Do you ever have a CHECK ENGINE lamp illumination, either before or after a stall?

Which engine do you have? If you're not sure, shoot me the VIN and I can figure it out from here.

Do you ever see a "NO BUS" message in the instrument cluster, where the odometer normally is?

If it would help, I'm usually available for a Live Phone Call to speed things along.

Thanks,

Ed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
engine just stops like key was turned off No Check Engine Light Engine is 5.9 gas Yes It Dose show No BUS You Can Call Me(###) ###-####
Expert:  Dodgerench replied 1 year ago.

I can't unless you accept or request the Additional Service help button. What I CAN do is reduce the standard cost by 50%. I'll shoot you the offer and you decide. We can continue either way.

Expert:  Dodgerench replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, it's company rules about outside contact.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Thanks I Didn't Know It Was Going To Be So Much Trouble Thanks Again Mike
Expert:  Dodgerench replied 1 year ago.

No problem-o, Mike. We can continue here if you like, but I'm tired of being busted for drawing outside the lines. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not A Proublem Thanks Again Mike
Expert:  Dodgerench replied 1 year ago.

You bet. Email customer services for a deposit refund, otherwise you're out your deposit.