-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2011 Ram 2500 diesel and have the following codes.

Customer Question

Brad, I have a 2011 Ram 2500 diesel and have the following codes. P014c, P0471, P2bac, P16fd, B1630, and B1638. I have had it in the shop last October for bad O2 sen and wiring harness replaced.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

Thaks for the request..

When is the last time you had your ECM updated at the dealership? Also are all these codes active, meaning if you erase them and go for a drive do they all come back?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have erased them and yes they come back. I haven't had it updated as far as I know.
is there a recall for this update?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply!!!

No there is no recall for the update but I'd be happ to check if you will reply back with the last 8 of the VIN..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BG601338
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

The only Recall that is open now if the P65 which is the fuel heater connector which you have have done at your convience.. Now for your codes they are here:

P014C- 1/1 O2 Slow Response

P0471-EXHAUST PRESSURE SENSOR 1 PERFORMANCE

P2BAC-NOx EXCEEDENCE - DEACTIVATION OF EGR

The others are headight codes in the TIPM..

With these codes being active you likely have a bad O2 or wiring issue.. I have atatched the bulletin on the O2 issue requiring you to replace the silver with gold terminals. We have seen quite a bit of O2 issues at the dealership.. Make sure to crimp and solder then heat shrink each connection to ensure a proper connnection. Also there is an update to address the P0471 code..

I hope this helps and thank you for the positive rating,

Brad