rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2002 Chrysler Concorde and I am having the steering

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Chrysler Concorde and I am having the steering bushing replaced. The mechanics working on it have installed it but say that the turning ability of the car is only about 50% of what it should be; i.e., it will only allow about 1.5 revolutions
of the steering wheel in either direction. I am about to go meet with them and was looking for some help.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

That's impossible, unless the car was in an accident and ruined some front end parts. They are probably installing an incorrect aftermarket part. Get the manager involved. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

You can't have duplicate questions at the same time, we need to stick with this one. Please rate me and I can still assist you afterwards too.

Thanks again, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, but we established that the rack and pinion needs to be replaced as the bolts connecting the bushing assembly to the tie rod ends were sheared off, either because of the rack seizing up or the rack was damaged because of it.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Ok, that leads back to my suggesting getting the manager involved which would be a new set of eyes. Remember, I can't see it from here:). Please don't forget to rate me, I was on the proper track of helping you.

Thanks, Ron