sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My 2010 dodge 1500 big horn just went into 4 low, the

Customer Question

my 2010 dodge 1500 big horn just went into 4 low , the esp/bas light cam on and it says esc sysem off on the dash, i cant get it back to normal , what do i do?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If it shifted into four low on it's own the most likely cause would be a failing internal position sensor in the transfer case motor.

It won't shift back into two wheel drive from four low if you simply put the switch in two wheel drive.

To shift out of four low you'll need to first put the switch in two wheel drive. While rolling in a straight line with the trans in drive, pop the shifter into neutral and don't touch the brake. As you pass through 2-3 MPH then it will shift and you can put the trans back into drive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok now how do I get it back into that mode if I need it again .

To shift into four low simply reverse that procedure. Turn the knob to four low while rolling in a straight line, trans into neutral and it will shift as you pass 2-3 MPH.