Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I Have a 94 Ram2500 cummins the tach,alt and a/c stopped

Customer Question

I Have a 94 Ram2500 cummins the tach,alt and a/c stopped working at the same time. I had the module rebuilt since it controls all of the above and it didn"t fix it. Can you tell me where to go from here? Thanks
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. If the crank shaft/engine speed sensor has failed, then the module will not see that the engine is running. That will prevent the tach, ac and charging system from working. I have seen this many times. Check that crank sensor which is mounted right above the front crank pulley. Check the wiring from the sensor all the way to the module. If it is ok, then replace the crank/engine speed sensor and set the air gap to .020" . The only other thing it may be is that the fuse for the module has blown, so keep that in mind also.

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Good morning! Just checking in to see if you received my answer from yesterday.

Chris