Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Tail lights not working. When left turn indicator on both

Customer Question

Tail lights not working. When left turn indicator on both light flash. When rat turn dictator on right tail light flashes. Again connection seem to be ok. Fuses are ok.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should also mention that brake light on of works but not on rat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phone number. (###) ###-####
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

First thing to check is grounds to the taillights. Try connecting a jumper wire from a good ground to the black ground wire at the left taillight. See if this fixes the problem. If it does, permanently connect new ground wire. Let me know what it does.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already did that. Took ground loose, cleaned and used dielectric grease reattached. No go
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Ill check schematics and get back to you in a bit.

Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

If grounds are okay, check any trailer wiring to make sure none of it is shorted. If all looks good there then your problem will be in the combination flasher, located under drivers side of the dash.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dave
I guess I have to say I don't know yet.... You see I'm in the Seattle area and garage is full right now so that leaves the driveway.....Seattle, Octobber. Yeah it's rainin, today to arrow right now it looks like weekend maybe. I will let you know as soon as I know. I plan on rechecking for other grounds, and the trailer plug. I think my money is on the flasher, especially if it could fail interminently. Tanks for now. Ron
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update, please let me know what you find after you've had a chance to check it out.

Dave