bill
bill, dodge master tech
Experience:  25 years with dodge drivability and electrical expert
5203640

My key will not turn it's locked. I'm pressing the brake and

Customer Question

My key will not turn it's locked. I'm pressing the brake and turning the steering wheel left to right
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

when this happens its 99% of the time sticking tumblers in the lock cylinder and a worn key, the trick to freeing them up FOR A SHORT TIME is GENTLY and I mean gently but firmly tap on the face of the lock cylinder (where you put in the key) with a soft faced hammer do this with the KEY OUT so the tumblers will free up, then try and turn the key if it turns replace the lock cylinder and get a new key cut off the vin NOT TRACED this way you will have a new master key to trace when you need new keys, the replacement lock cylinder will need to be coded to your truck so you won't have extra keys

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks bill that worked
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

your welcome now remember this is only temporary and you will need a new lock cylinder as they will freeze again as to when unknown but they WILL freeze.

if you are satisfied please rate my service, rating only gives me credit for the question so I can get paid for it you already paid for the service and rating allows me to get my credit.

anything positive will allow me to assist again in the future if needed with this question

Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

I see you haven't rated the service as of yet do you still need assistance?